Back towards the end of 2019 I was messing around with Ahrefs Content Explorer when I came across a site that had a DR of around 7 and was ranking top for a massive keyword with over 40,000 searches a month.
I had a look at the site and was confident I could build something better, so I did.
I invested less than $2,000 into building that site and it now brings in almost $1,000 a month in ad revenue – not too shabby a return on investment!
Here’s the process I used to find that opportunity:
- Log into ahrefs and navigate to the content explorer.
- Chuck a very broad generic keyword into the search bar. If you’re looking to build an affiliate site then something like “best” is a good choice.
- Change language to “English”
- Turn “Filter explicit search results” on
- Then press “add filter” and select “domain rating”, leave the from box empty and put a low number (around 10) in the to box.
- Then add a “page traffic” filter, go for a fairly high number up to 10,000.
You will now see a list of pages that get more than 10,000 sessions a month on sites with a domain rating of less than 10.
While not all of these articles are something you’d want to build a site around you are sure to find a few diamonds in there which prove you can build high traffic sites without having to spend countless hours and $$$s building links.
Peace, love and SERPs,
Yes, thanks good 😌
Glad you found it useful!
I’ll give it a shot with high volume.
Good luck, hope you find something worth pursuing