Positive reviews on Fiverr are very important when it comes to ranking your gig well.
So it is understandable that people may consider exchanging reviews with other sellers in order to boost their gig’s visibility and make more money on the platform.
If you’re thinking of doing this, don’t.
What Do Fiverr’s Terms & Services Say?
Fiverr’s Terms & Services page says that:
To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Fiverr platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Seller ratings, or to abuse the Fiverr platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.Fiverr
It’s fair to assume that exchanging reviews with another Fiverr user is an attempt to ‘artificially enhance seller ratings’.
Even if you both buy each other’s service the intention behind the sale was purely seller rating improvements so this is in direct violation of the Fiverr terms and could result in a permanent account suspension.
What Happens If Fiverr Find Out You’ve Done A Review Exchange?
If Fiverr find out you’re done a review exchange with another Fiverr user then both users will permanently lose their Fiverr accounts with immediate effect.
How Does Fiverr Find Out?
It is important to Fiverr that its platform is trusted by buyers.
Consequently, they employ a team of people who (with a lot of help from bots) search for any suspicious review manipulation behavior.
Some of the things they will look out for include:
- Multiple Account Violations – having more than one Fiverr account registered per person is against Fiverrs’ terms of services. People may try and setup multiple accounts so they can leave themselves positive reviews, it is easy for Fiverr to track multiple Fiverr accounts using I.P addresses.
- Account Violations – If Fiverr find one account that has clearly violated their terms of service they will closely review the accounts they have interacted to check for suspicious activity.
- Ingenuine Reviews – If an account routinely leaves the same review for every gig this can flag an account up for a review.
What To Do If Someone Approaches You To Exchange Reviews
Exchanging reviews reduces the value of the Fiverr platform as it promotes lower quality gigs above higher quality gigs.
This is not good for sellers or buyers.
If someone approaches you to do a Fiverr gig review exchange follow these steps:
- Do not agree to do any exchange.
- Get their Fiverr username.
- Take screenshots of your conversation.
- Visit their seller profile (to do this find one of their gigs and then click on their username).
- Under their profile image and username on the left of the screen click the Report (flag) link.
- Select ‘The user’s content and/or behavior is inappropriate’.
- Explain in detail the conversation you had about exchanging reviews and your concerns it is harmful for the platform.
- Keep hold of the screenshots as they may be required for evidence later if Fiverr get in touch for further information.
Where To Find Fiverr Review Exchanges
Obviously, you can’t buy Fiverr reviews on Fiverr, any account trying to do that would quickly be shut down!
However there are plenty of places where people try to organize these illicit exchanges, these include:
- Reddit (home of one of the best SEO forums IMO)
- Facebook groups
- MMO (make money online) Forums
- Family & friends
How To Get Fiverr Reviews Ethically
Unfortunately, there’s no quick and easy way to get loads of great Fiverr reviews.
The best advice I can give you is to work hard on making your profile trustworthy, clear, well optimized for the services you are offering and competitively priced.
By doing this you will begin to attract sales slowly but surely and the more sales you can deliver successfully the more reviews you will get and the more your gig’s visibility will grow.