This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Ranking well is vital if you want to make a living from search.
This is true whether you’re trying to rank in Google or Fiverr.
If your Fiverr gig is immediately visible to anyone searching for your service then you are guaranteed to get far more sales than if your gig ranks poorly.
Fiverr hasn’t fully disclosed exactly how they rank gigs however it is known that reviews, your gigs’ conversion rate and factors such as your title and description all factor into your Fiverr ranking.
In order to rank your Fiverr gig optimally you should do the following:
1. Optimize Your Gig Title
When someone searches Fiverr your gig title is the first thing they will see.
If your title doesn’t stand out they won’t click on it and you don’t stand a chance of making a sale.
Your title should do several things:
- Be specific – instead of saying ‘I will write content for your site’ say ‘I will write content about cryptocurrencies and digital marketing.
- Use expressive language – instead of saying ‘I will design a logo for your site say ‘I will design an imposing logo that will catch eyes‘.
- Be keyword targeted – make sure you use a keyword that people search for in your title, you can use Google Trends or the Surfer SEO extension to check keyword volumes on Google.
For further help with this read our article on Fiverr Gig Title Examples To Get Clicks & Sales.
2. Optimize Your Gig Description
Your gig description should not only state what you do but should also compel the reader to take action.
When writing your Fiverr gig description follow these rules:
- Include your target service keyword in your description.
- Explain why your service is better than similar competing services available on Fiverr.
- Demonstrate your experience, tell them what you’ve done in the past and show previous work (if possible).
- Personalise your service by speaking directly to the buyer with words like “you” and “your business.”
If you’re a content writer check out our article on Fiverr Gig Descriptions For Content Writing.
3. Get Positive Reviews
One of the most important factors that Fiverr takes into account when ranking gigs is your reviews.
Make sure to ask your clients to leave a review after they’ve received their finished product or service.
If you have a lot of negative reviews then it will be very difficult for your gig to rank well.
So make sure that clients are happy and if there is any issue at all with their order make sure you fix it so they leave satisfied and ready to give you a glowing review!
Side note: make sure you obtain your gigs ethically, doing a Fiverr review exchange could result in an account ban.
3. Choose The Right Category
Fiverr categories are very important and you should choose the one that is most relevant to your gig.
Fiverr has over 250 service categories so it can be difficult to narrow down exactly which category your gig should go in.
Spend time looking through categories that your gig fits in and go with the category that has gigs most similar to yours ranking top.
4. Optimize Your Search Tags
Make sure to add relevant search tags to your gig.
Fiverr search tags are keywords that are added to gigs to help the gigs appear in relevant searches.
So adding these helps your site appear in front of the type of people who are interested in your services.
However, avoid adding irrelevant tags as this can negatively impact your Fiverr ranking for your target service keywords.
5. Use High-Quality Images
Fiverr ranks gigs by the number of views and more views usually mean a higher ranking.
This is why it’s vital to use high-quality images that entice the viewer to click on your gig.
High-quality images also convert better than low-quality ones so you’re sure to get more sales if you get people clicking on your gig image.
Take time to design yourself a high-quality gig image measuring exactly 550 pixels x 370 pixels using a service like Canva…or you could even pay someone on Fiverr to do it for you!
6. Promote Your Gig
Rather than just waiting for your gig to rank organically it is a good idea to promote it.
If you have a blog or a reasonable social media following then tweeting about your new Fiverr gig or sharing it on Facebook can bring much-needed traffic to your gig which will help improve your gig’s ranking.
7. Respond Promptly To Messages
If someone sends you a message then make sure to respond promptly.
People appreciate it when they can get in touch with the seller easily and if you don’t reply then they may go to a competitor.
High user engagement levels will also help your Fiverr gig rank better so responding promptly to messages is important.
8. Review The Statistics
Fiverr provides handy statistics about how your gigs are performing.
To view this login and head to the selling menu and then select Gigs.
Here you can see data such as:
- Impressions: These are the number of times your Gig appeared in Fiverr’s thumbnails.
- Clicks: These are the number of clicks after a user saw it.
- Orders: This is the total number of orders purchased from this Gig.
- Cancelations: This is the cancellation rate or the number of all types of canceled orders divided by the number of orders from this Gig.
- Social Gig views: This is the number of views on social media.
- Conversion Rates: This is the average of the total impressions divided by orders.
If you have a few gigs you can see which gigs are performing well. if you have gigs with high conversion rates and high click rates then try to emulate these when creating a new gig.
If your gig has a high number of impressions but a low number of clicks then consider changing the title and image to entice more clicks.