The definition of an SEO Lead is an enquiry that has come about because someone has searched for your service, found you ranking at the top of Google, and got in touch.
SEO Leads Are The Best Type Of Leads
I’m biased as SEO is my bread and butter but I’m convinced that SEO leads are absolutely the best type of leads that any business can get.
Here are some reasons why:
- SEO Leads are precisely targeted – if you rank top for ‘plumber in Preston’ you can be confident that people landing on that page are people in Preston who need a plumber. This means your leads are hot.
- SEO Leads are free – you don’t have to pay to rank as you do with ads.
- Organic Search is where most web traffic comes from – if you rank well in Google you’re going to get more eyeballs on your products or service than with any other form of marketing.
- Users Trust Google – People trust Google to put the most relevant websites at the top of the search results, if you’re there then they trust that you’re a good choice.
- ROI Is Easily Measurable (especially with our SEO ROI Calculator!) – You can measure almost anything that happens on your website, meaning it is very easy to work out how much value SEO Leads are adding to your business.
Looking to increase the number of SEO leads your website is generating?
Get an expert audit of your site recorded on video. Full of actionable tips and advice to boost growth, results and revenue.
Lead Generation The Old Way
In the past, this involved methods such as:
- Sending junk mail to people’s homes packed full of your great offers in the hope that they may be tempted to buy what you’re selling.
- TV ads where you hope that someone watching may one day remember you when they need your product or service.
- Billboard advertisements where you simply stick a big visual ad up in a prominent place and hope some of the people who see it ring you.
All of these methods have one thing in common; hope.
You hope that potential clients see your brand and remember it when they need your services or products.
The trouble is you can spend a lot of money targeting people who may never have any interest in what you’re selling.
The most effective client acquisition method was (and still is) word of mouth.
If you need a plumber and your neighbour tells you they recently used one who was great then that plumber is likely to win your business because you were made aware of them in your moment of need.
SEO Leads are similar to word of mouth leads because at the exact moment when a potential client asks (Google) for a plumber, they find you right there at the top of the search results.
SEO Leads are infinitely better than leads that come from TV ads, billboard ads or junk mail ads because you know that you are appearing directly in front of people who are searching for exactly what you are selling.
How To Start Getting SEO Leads
If your business isn’t currently bringing in any leads from your SEO efforts don’t worry, there are lots of things that can be done to change this, here are a few:
- Check out this article from Ahrefs which explains how to get your local business ranking in Google.
- Read this excellent Local SEO guide from Matthew Woodward.
- You can get in touch with me for an SEO Video audit of your business website.